Work For Us
Sensor Systems Engineer
ACSYES provides systems engineering, research, and development for Army customers at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, supporting border security and networking technologies. Successful candidates will play a key role in supporting high-level Army decision-making with respect to border surveillance technology. Candidates must have a working knowledge of ground surveillance radars, day/night cameras, EO/IR cameras, unattended ground sensors and the software systems that fuses this information together. These border systems are fielded to Outside the Continental US (OCONUS) locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides working expertise in sensor systems architecture design, test and analysis support.
- Performs risk and compatibility studies relevant to border security systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Identify system requirements and work with other engineers and staff to oversee system design, development, integration, and product verification testing at the unit and system level.
- Experience with developing documentation in support of SE technical reviews, including system requirements reviews (SRRs), software specification reviews (SSRs), preliminary design reviews (PDRs), critical design reviews (CDRs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), and production readiness reviews (PRRs)
- Experience with ensuring key performance parameters (KPPs) are addressed and assessing the system performance by developing Measures of Performance and Measures of Effectiveness that are used for traceability to ensure specified thresholds stipulated in the requirements documents are met
- Strong teamwork collaboration skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security clearance that requires U.S. citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in systems, computer or electrical engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline.
- 3+ years of hands on border security sensor experience, to include but not limited to EO/IR, FLIR, Radar, UGS and C2 Software
Required Clearance: SECRET
Primary Location: Aberdeen, MD, US
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job