What is ACSYeS?
ACSYeS is a leader in the scientific and engineering consultation industry, providing services to a broad range of institutional clients.
Who is ACSYeS?
Established in 2001, our core business focus is on contract technical services requiring development and delivery of solutions for wireless communication and networking related disciplines. Clients served include US federal agencies and their contractors, multinational industrial firms, defense and aerospace companies and small businesses.
How we work: As a trusted partner, we work side by side with our clients, often embedded in their organization or otherwise closely coupled to their daily work activities. We deliver consultation assistance, precision research & development/ modeling & simulation support and rapid prototyping capabilities as outsourced services using task defined work statements under fixed price or cost plus contract vehicles protected by mutually agreed upon proprietary information and non-disclosure agreements.
We provide Systems engineering expertise and technical program management to medium to large scale development efforts, bringing to bear years of experience participating in challenging and diverse system integration projects. Specific areas where we’ve helped include:
- End-to-end Architecture development
- Requirements development and flowdown
- Vehicle/Aircraft/Ship platform- payload integration and test
- System Test plan development and execution
- Technical support to formal acquisition programs
C4ISR Engineering and Technical Support
ACSyeS principal engineers and employees have decades of experience providing communication engineering related subject matter expertise to U.S. department of defense agencies and their prime contractors. Examples of past performance include:
- Project management, technical SME support to U.S. sponsored Foreign Military Sales cases
- Tactical C4ISR network design, acquisition and deployment including in-country site survey, project management and logistic support
- Technical SME support to Source Selection Evaluation Boards
- Tactical SIGINT/COMINT collection expertise, including active (EW) techniques
- 2-18 GHZ ELINT system design for counter airborne RADAR applications
- Military aircraft payload integration experience including both manned and UAS
Communication Systems Engineering
Wireless communication and closely related disciplines such as RADAR constitutes the cornerstone of our technical service offering. The company was created on the strength of our experiences with satellite communications which we’ve grown to include all aspects of modern wireless communication devices and systems to include:
- Custom wireless/RF digital communication system design, production and deployment
- Communication Link design and analysis including RF propagation modeling and site surveys
- Satellite Communication terminal/network design, link provisioning and NOC hosting
- High reliability equipment design (including flight hardware)
- Embedded Software development for wireless/networking SDR applications
- Digital Signal processing
- Mixed Signal circuit/system design
- Modeling and Simulation
We provide a comprehensive range of IT related services, typically offered as part of our system engineering capabilities but also available as a stand-alone service delivery.
Areas of expertise include:
- Network design, analysis and test
- Network security (defensive and offensive capabilities including wireless technologies)
Software development (C, Java ,wireless app)
Our expertise in communication systems is built upon a strong foundation of applied mathematics and computer science. We have delivered analytical services to a diverse customer base, often providing non-technical clients with access to mathematical resources and data analytics not otherwise available. We possess a robust suite of analytic tools and services including:
- Modeling and simulation
- Surveys and custom data analysis
Statistical data processing and interpretation
For over 15 years ACSYeS has supported marketing and business development professionals with technical expertise necessary to assist their creation and closing of sales opportunities.
Some of the services we’ve provided included:
- Technical Representation
- Competition analysis based upon technical performance measures
- Independent assessments for price discovery
- Lead generation
- Preparation and delivery of technical presentations to:
- Influence customer requirements
- Address concerns/retire risk
- Solicit feedback
- Independent requirements verification/validation
- Idea marketing
- Proposal preparation
- Commercial, Military and civil space hardware manufacturers
- U.S. defense industry
- Federal, State local government IT contractors
- International aerospace/defense manufacturers
Sensor Systems Engineer
ACSYES provides systems engineering, research, and development for Army customers at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, supporting border security and networking technologies. Successful candidates will play a key role in supporting high-level Army decision-making with respect to border surveillance technology. Candidates must have a working knowledge of ground surveillance radars, day/night cameras, EO/IR cameras, unattended ground sensors and the software systems that fuses this information together. These border systems are fielded to Outside the Continental US (OCONUS) locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides working expertise in sensor systems architecture design, test and analysis support.
- Performs risk and compatibility studies relevant to border security systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Identify system requirements and work with other engineers and staff to oversee system design, development, integration, and product verification testing at the unit and system level.
- Experience with developing documentation in support of SE technical reviews, including system requirements reviews (SRRs), software specification reviews (SSRs), preliminary design reviews (PDRs), critical design reviews (CDRs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), and production readiness reviews (PRRs)
- Experience with ensuring key performance parameters (KPPs) are addressed and assessing the system performance by developing Measures of Performance and Measures of Effectiveness that are used for traceability to ensure specified thresholds stipulated in the requirements documents are met
- Strong teamwork collaboration skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security clearance that requires U.S. citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in systems, computer or electrical engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline.
- 3+ years of hands on border security sensor experience, to include but not limited to EO/IR, FLIR, Radar, UGS and C2 Software
Required Clearance: SECRET
Primary Location: Aberdeen, MD, US
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job